Calendar for 2019-20
- December 15: application deadline
- January 27: offer of admission
- February 8: Visit Day
At Cornell, graduate study is organized using a field structure.
The Field of Classics includes faculty from:
- Near Eastern Studies
- Art History
- Landscape Architecture
You can find the list of field faculty here and read a description of their research interests when you click on Learn More beneath individual pictures.
- Consult faculty you think are relevant to your interests: send an email describing your prior training, describing your areas of interest, attaching a paper that represents the kind of work you want to pursue.
- Seek advice at your current institution for preparing your application.
- Request three letters of recommandation from faculty at your current institution who are acquainted with your work and can talk about your training.
- A crucial piece is the writing sample: make sure to submit a paper that will enable us to evaluate your work in the area you plan to pursue studying.